We are 100% committed to serving LGBTQ clients on their healing journeys. “…I want LGBTQ clients to know that I support them and their families. Being affirmative means I treat loving couples, families, and transgender people with the dignity, respect, and affirmation they deserve; they are fine just the way they are.”
Affirming and supportive counseling & psychotherapy services for LGBT individuals, couples and families
Persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) face unique challenges and concerns.
At Balance we’ve been supporting LGBT people and their families for years. Through our specialized LGBT services, we offer mental health services specifically tailored to address the needs of LGBT individuals, couples and their families, provided by therapists who are experienced in working with LGBT clients and who understand the issues that impact their lives.
Individual, couple and family counseling and psychotherapy to help clients dealing with issues including:
- Understanding sexual orientation & gender identity
- When mom or dad is LGBT
- “Coming out” and disclosure to family, friends & co-workers
- Relationship satisfaction
- Coping with social stigma, bias & homophobia
- Challenges for couples
- Parenting an LGBT child
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationships with family and friends
Rainbow Families, a specialized therapy program for LGBT parents facing child-rearing issues such as:
- How (and when) to come out to your children
- Preparing your kids for their friends’ inevitable questions
- Helping your sons and daughters understand their origins
- How your sexual orientation/gender identity impacts their own
- Coping with the heterosexism of schools, camps, and community organizations
- Should same-sex households provide opposite-sex influences?
- Challenges in everyday child management and child rearing